Google+

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Echolocation Trainer App for Android

For anyone interested in taking their echolocation training mobile, I've got the perfect thing for you!  

Echolocation Trainer Android app!  Watch the video:


This app is designed especially for people trying to learn echolocation or help a family member learn.  Of course all of the lessons on this blog are available in the palm of your hand, and new lessons will be available the instant they are published here, on the blog!   You can also stay in touch with me and share what you learn through the Facebook page.  I always love to hear how you are all learning echolocation, what you are using it for and what works best for YOU!  Let me know what you like and don't like about the app so that I can tailor my updates to your needs.

The Best Part of All

This is no ordinary blog app, no no no...  In order for you to really get into learning echolocation I've included a variety of echolocation beacons that are all available right in the app.  Signals you can play from the app:
  • White noise
  • Pink noise
  • Brown noise
  • Blade pop
  • Snap
  • Smack
  • 3ms clicks (computer generated click)
These sounds are actually quite useful if you can not make a good clicking sound on your own, some people use other clicking devices to help them train.  But I find that the white noise sample is actually very useful for me.  It adds a level of clarity to help me distinguish different objects.

Really the Best Part...




Let me know which beacon works best for you or if you would like any different signals added to the app in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free 10-Minute Audio Lesson: Learn the Echolocation Click

Learn echolocation clicks with a free audio lesson
Learning how to click is one of the first steps to becoming an effective echoloator. This lesson provides clicking samples of a variety of different clicks and descriptions of when they might be most useful. This lesson has been used by O&M instructors all over the world.

Despite popular belief, it's easy to make your clicking quite subtle or unnoticeable even in quiet settings. There are many different clicks for different situations. I explain all of these in great detail and give examples of where, why and when they can and should be used.

Get your free lesson now:



Your email address is not shared with anyone.